Addendum to Parent Handbook, Approved 11/17/2020
MEEC Safety Protocol During Coronavirus Pandemic
- All staff will do a daily self-health assessment, including taking their temperature. Staff must not work if they are sick.
- All staff will wear face coverings.
- Children who are capable are encouraged to wear face coverings.
Curbside drop off and pick up of children will be instituted. Brand new or reluctant children may have parent or caregiver accompany their child to the classroom for the first 2 weeks of
classes if necessary. For an additional 2 weeks, parent or caregiver may accompany the child into the lobby if necessary. Adults entering the building will have their temperatures checked
and must wear face coverings. Temperature checks will be conducted in the car before approaching the building.
Curbside drop-off and pick-up will be as follows:
- A staff member will wash their hands prior to going to the car to pick up children.
A staff member will take the child's temperature at the car
- If the temperature is 100 degrees or more, the child must leave.
- If temperature is less than 100 degrees, the staff member will take child into the building.
- The thermometer will be sanitized between each child
- A staff member will assist washing the child's hands upon entry into the building.
- There will be no sharing of cubbies between afternoon and morning classes in the big room. Coats will be hung and distanced from each other in an open space in the little room.
Each child will have their own caddie with supplies labeled with name (own glue, crayons, markers, scissors) which will be stored in their cubby or on a shelf. In addition, each child will
have own basket to store manipulatives used for the week (beads, pegs, blocks, links, beanbag, etc) There will be no sharing of these materials and disinfecting will happen when items are
no longer in use.
- After freeplay, toys that have been used will be placed in a designated area, and they will be disinfected at the end of the day.
During circletime in the big room, children will sit on carpet squares that are spaced out on the floor. Each child will have their own carpet square with their name on it and they will
store it in their cubby when not in use.
- 11. Gross Motor areas will be located in the gym. Classes will be able to use these areas daily. Mats will be sanitized between afternoon and morning classes.
Prior to snack time, children will be assisted and supervised in hand washing. Families who sign up to bring in snack, should send in individual prepackaged snacks from the grocery store.
No homemade food. Staff wears gloves when distributing snack
- In between classes, the bathroom, tables, chairs, counter tops, doors, and any other high-touch surfaces will be disinfected.
Any child who exhibits symptoms of fever, coughing, sneezing, or excessively runny nose will need to go home. Parents will be called and the child will wait in an isolated area away from
- Prior to going home staff will supervise and assist children in handwashing.
- A staff member will walk the child to the family's car. Communication will be brief.
Each child will have a folder in their bookbag with a Parent/Teacher daily communication log that will contain information about your child's day. Parent or teacher can request more
lengthy communication in the form of e-mail, phone call, or text.
- Children who have traveled out of town may be subject to a 14-day exclusion from classes. Returning children must be cleared by the Director before returning to class.
If anyone in your household is awaiting the results of a Covid-19 test, your child or anyone in your household may not come to school until the results of the test indicate negative. The
director must be notified of any Covid-19 testing within your household.
- In the event of another shut down, because of Coronavirus, on-line distant learning will be offered, as well as, hands on materials that will be provided to parents.