Addendum to Parent Handbook, Approved 5/15/2021
MEEC Safety Protocol During Coronavirus Pandemic
- All staff will do a daily self-health assessment, including taking their temperature. Staff must not work if they are sick.
- All staff will wear face coverings.
- Children who are capable are encouraged to wear face coverings.
- Parents will not be allowed in the building at this time. Parents should park their vehicles in the parking spaces located outside of the Education Center at Door #5. Parents should exit their car with their child no earlier than 5 minutes before your child’s assigned class time. Families should wait with their child and socially distance from other families on the sidewalk area next to the building and courtyard area. Staff will provide temperature checks and your child will be escorted into the building, where their hands will be sanitized. At pick up time, caregivers should park their vehicles and exit. Once again, please caregivers should socially-distance on the sidewalk area. A staff member will bring your child directly to you.
- There will be no sharing of cubbies between afternoon and morning classes.
- After freeplay, toys that have been used will be placed in a designated area, and they will be disinfected at the end of the day.
- During circletime in the big room, children will sit on carpet squares that are spaced out on the floor. Each child will have their own carpet square with their name on it and they will store it in their cubby when not in use.
- Prior to snack time, children will be assisted and supervised in hand washing. Families who sign up to bring in snack, should send in individual prepackaged snacks from the grocery store. No homemade food. Staff wears gloves when distributing snack
- In between classes, the bathroom, tables, chairs, counter tops, doors, and any other high-touch surfaces will be disinfected.
- Any child who exhibits symptoms of fever, coughing, sneezing, or excessively runny nose will need to go home. Parents will be called and the child will wait in an isolated area away from other children.
- Prior to going home staff will supervise and assist children in hand sanitizing.
- A staff member will walk the child to their caregiver. Communication will be brief. If there is a need for lengthier communication it will be provided via phone call, text, or email.
- Children who have traveled out of town may be subject to a 14-day exclusion from classes. Returning children must be cleared by the Director before returning to class.
- If anyone in your household is awaiting the results of a Covid-19 test, your child or anyone in your household may not come to school until the results of the test indicate negative. The director must be notified of any Covid-19 testing within your household.