MIDDLEBURG EARLY EDUCATION CENTER SUMMER SPEECH CAMP 2022
We will once again be offering Summer Speech Camp at MEEC. The program is center-based and delivers developmentally and individually appropriate activities. Eligible children are 18 months-6 years of age with a variety of speech-language, social/emotional, behavioral and developmental needs.
- To provide your child with supplemental social experiences which are designed to encourage play skills such as initiating, creative play, choosing independent play activities, completing chosen activities, and encouraging use of communication.
- To further develop communication skills. This ongoing process is incorporated into overall educational programming, with many opportunities to practice these skills during their daily classroom activities.
- To maintain pre-academic skills and promote your child’s cognitive development, with review of readiness skills in a developmentally and individually appropriate atmosphere.
- Educational programming is conducted in small classroom units with a 3:1 or 4:1 student-teacher ratio. 30 minutes of speech-language therapy each week is part of the programming.
- The summer speech camp will be conducted in a loving and caring environment which will guide your child in developing positive self-esteem and positive attitude toward others.
The Summer Speech Camp is 7 weeks, from June 20-August 5. Classes are held Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Class times are 8:30-10:30 or 11:00-1:00. A Thursday-Friday option may open if enrollment exceeds class size. There will be no school on Monday, July 4th in observance of Independence Day holiday. You will be notified of your child’s class assignments. Classes will be held at Middleburg Early Education Center, 7171 Pearl Road, Middleburg Hts., OH 44130. The facility is air-conditioned.
For additional details and instructions for the summer camp, please
Download this Summer Camp PDF
The cost for the 3-day program is $1,040. Tuition is to be paid in one full payment due by June 10, 2022. There is a non-refundable $100 registration fee for students who were not enrolled in the 2021-2022 school year. This registration fee is due upon registration and guarantees your child’s spot for the Summer Speech Camp.
If you are receiving funding through the County Family Support Program or your school district, please provide in writing the name, address and phone number of the contact person and the amount of the scholarship. Parents will be responsible for the balance, which should be paid prior to the start of the Summer Speech Camp.
To secure your child’s spot, it is necessary for you to submit the following items ASAP:
- Child Enrollment and Health Form completed. Click here for direct link to the form on our site!
- $100 Non-refundable registration fee (Check or Cash only)
You may send these items by mail or drop them off in person, our office is open M-F 9:00-3:00. We are looking forward to becoming better acquainted with your child and your family. You will be contacted to participate in a “Meet and Greet” with your child’s teacher in June. At this time you will be asked to provide a copy of your child’s IEP and any other information regarding your child’s needs. Feel free to call the school if you have any questions, 440-888-9922. Thank you for choosing MEEC for a fun-filled summer experience!